Aadhaar is a unique 12 digit identification number issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar card contains biometric and demographic details of an individual. Over the last couple of months, the government has made the provision for linking Aadhaar card to bank accounts, LPG connections and Voter Id card. The interlinking of Aadhaar with passport issuance process became a reality last year. This move will help individuals get their passport much sooner. Any individual who has a valid Aadhaar card can pace up the passport application process.
Passport authentication based on Aadhaar card
Individuals applying for passport can postpone the police verification step in the application process by submitting their Aadhaar card. The Ministry of External Affairs is using Aadhaar card for identification of the passport applicant on the National Crime Records Bureau for verification of the applicant’s criminal record. The passport application process consists of a long police verification step which will be skipped in this case until the passport is issued. The applicant will get the passport in 10 days only on the condition that the applicant gets the police verification once they receive the passport.
How to get passport in 10 days?
Given below is the procedure to be followed in order to avail passport using Aadhaar card in just 10 days:
- Visit the official UIDAI website to book an appointment for Aadhaar card enrollment if you don’t have an Aadhaar card already.
- Visit the official site of Passport India and register yourself by filling in the required details.
- Choose the option to apply for a passport in the options presented.
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit the application online.
- Pay the required fee online.
- After submitting and making payment for your passport application, take a print out of the form and attach a copy of Aadhaar card to it.
- Carry the application form with the Aadhaar card to the Passport Kendra.
Source by:- bankbazaar